Find house and apartment rentals in Gatineau, located across the Ottawa River from Canada’s capital city. The province’s fourth-largest city is home to more than 265,000 people, many of whom speak both of Canada’s official languages.
Recreation, Arts and Culture in Gatineau
Find Gatineau rental housing and you’ll be able to enjoy the vibrant downtown area of this city.
• Canadian Museum of Civilization – Canada’s national museum of human history is a collection of preserved objects that provide ethnographic insight.
• Lac-Beauchamp Park – 213 hectares of recreational activities year round. Visitors to this natural oasis can enjoy swimming, canoeing, hiking, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, sliding and skating as the seasons change.
• Laurentian Mountains – this 22,000-square kilometer stretch of land north of Montreal is one of the region’s premier holiday areas year-round. Visitors to this breathtaking landscape can lose themselves in nature and a bevvy of sporting activities.
• Art Galleries and Exhibitions
Education in Gatineau
Students can find apartments and houses for rent in Gatineau, Quebec close to one of the city’s many post-secondary institutions:
• Université du Québec (en Outaouais)
• Heritage College – this English-language general and vocational college launched in Western Quebec in1968. Students can choose from two types of programs: pre-university and technical or from a selection of continuing education courses.
• Cégep de l'Outaouais – a francophone Cégep institution, which has served the region’s students since 1967. English, Spanish, German and Mandarin.
• National Autonomous University of Mexico (Gatineau) – focused studies on Spanish, English and French.
Transportation in Gatineau
• Gatineau-Ottawa Executive Airport – public servants and business people can find easy flights between Gatineau and Quebec City via this airport.
• Rapibus – If you’re renting in Gatineau, Quebec you can use the public transit system to travel easily throughout the city.
More Apartments for Rent