Looking for apartment rentals along the St. Lawrence River? Verdun, Quebec would be a great place to call home. A borough of Montréal, this former city is set on the southwestern part of the isle. Find apartments for rent in Verdun and enjoy a blend of cultures. About two thirds of the population are francophone, while the remaining population speaks a blend of English and/or other languages.
Recreation, Arts and Culture in Verdun, Quebec
Those living in apartment rentals in Verdun, Quebec can enjoy a number of fun activities, including:
• Montreal Museum of Fine Arts (Musee des Beaux-Arts) – situated in the historic Golden Square Mile of Sherbrooke Street, this is one of Canada’s most renowned museums. Established in 1860, the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts is one of the best places to go to appreciate art in the city.
• Centre Bell – if hockey is your religion, then the Centre Bell is a temple where you can worship at the home rink of the Montreal Canadiens. Show some Habs pride and root for your home team as they go for another Stanley Cup win.
Post-secondary schools in Verdun, Quebec
Students can find apartments for rent near universities and colleges in and around Verdun, Quebec. As part of Montréal, the borough enjoys the city's reputation as having one of the highest portion of post-secondary students when compared to all other major cities in North America. Students can choose from six universities and twelve junior colleges within a six kilometre radius.
• Concordia University – each year, over 46,000 students choose to start or continue their bachelor’s, master’s, and/or doctoral degree journey at this university in a city.
• McGill University – established in 1821, this institution is one of Canada’s premier universities. McGill boasts the most Nobel laureates and Rhodes Scholars in all of Canada, with 12 and 138 a piece.
• Université de Sherbrooke – this French-language university has two campuses in Montreal, one located in Sherbrooke and the other in Longueuil. Each year over 35,000 students attend the university for its vast offering in undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs.
• Université de Montréal – if you’re looking for an education in French, then look no further than this francophone institution. With more than 650 undergraduate and graduate programs, 71 doctoral programmes and its recognition as one of the top 100 universities in the world, UdeM is the perfect place to gain higher education.
Those who need to complete two years of college before heading off to university can find apartment rentals near Champlain Regional College, Dawson College, John Abbott College, Marianopolis College, Collège Ahuntsic, Collège André-Grasset, Cégep André-Laurendeau, Collège de Bois-de-Boulogne, Collège Édouard-Montpetit, Collège Gérald-Godin, or Collège Jean-de-Bréb.
Transportation in Verdun, Quebec
If you opt to live in one of the numerous apartments for rent in Verdun, you'll be pleased to know that Verdun is serviced by Quebec Autoroutes 15 and 20, and the green line of the Montreal metro.
Keep connected domestically and internationally with flights to and from Montréal-Pierre Elliott Trudeau International Airport.
More Apartments for Rent